Sunday, March 1, 2009

Save Hot Water with Low Flow Showerhead

This tip is one we stumbled on by accident. We lived in an apartment with TERRIBLE water pressure. A small stream would eventually turn into a dribble, and we'd put the seasonal call in to our landlady. She'd send a plumber over every couple of months to temporarily fix it. Awful.

So we found this low-flow shower head for about 10 bucks. Ahhh, the joy of real water pressure. Like holding your thumb over the garden hose, this baby shoots water out in a stream strong enough to really rinse. It even has a "hold" button, for hard-core water savings. You can pause the water while you lather, then start it up again without having to reconfigure the hot/cold ratio.

I wish I could say I use that button, but I am not that much of a conservationist of water. In fact, one of my big vices is the long shower. Now, however, I can take the occasional long shower with less guilt, knowing I am wasting much less water.

No comments:

Post a Comment